Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?

Tomorrow I am getting two Chinese Dwarf Hamsters for my birthday and I need to know if they can go in a mini run around ball. It says designed for dwarf hamsters so it should be ok. I will feed them every day, clean them out once a week, let them have excersise everyday, give them treats every now and again. But I need to know wether or not I have to change the water bottle everyday?
  • 2 years ago
  • Chinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?you should trust yourself on this.... every pet will be different..one may be picky and only like crisp cold water... one may not mind........I change the water daily whenever possible for all my animals.... only because fresh is best....

    and I always advise others to...



    however, work and school and heaven forbid an emergency may keep me %26lt;or anyone%26gt; from changing the water at some point... and if that happens...and a day goes by, but there is water in the bottle... it is not going to go 'bad' and since it is not exposed to air it is not exactly going to get %26quot;stale%26quot; either...



    I would say that you should try for daily but if for any reason you are not able to and they have enough? you should not worry overly....



    clean/scrub the bottle once weekly soap and water!



    happy early/late birthday and congrats!! enjoy your little ones!!



    a couple of sites I found regarding chinese dwarfs... they are cute...!



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Ham



    http://www.hamster-heaven.com/dwarfs_02.



    http://www.hamsterhideout.com/breedschinChinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?Everyday or every other day would be fine.Chinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?Best bet would be to change it everyday. Stale water is icky :PChinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?i used to have one and he liked to pee in his water, I would change it every day.Chinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?All pets need %26quot;Fresh%26quot; clean water daily.Chinese Dwarf Hamsters? Do they need their water changing every day?my brother had a hampster,

    and i think you should do it everyother day or if they drink alot everyday.

    you want them to live!

    hope i could help

    best of luck

    -Mizuuuu^-^