Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do I need to change my contact solution every day?

I wear color circle lenses (to change the color of my eye, my sight is perfect) but I don't wear my contacts every day. Despite not wearing them every day, should I still change the solution they're stored in every day and if not then how often?



Also, is multipurpose solution enough to clean, rinse and disinfect contacts?Do I need to change my contact solution every day?Yes, multipurpose is usually enough to clean, rinse, %26amp; disinfect, as long as the lenses are frequent replacement (thrown away every month or less). Make sure to use a quality solution, like Optifree RepleniSH, Renu, ClearCare, etc. (avoid the generics). If you do not wear your lenses every day, you will need to change out the solution at least once a week.



Another very important but often understated point, NEVER add new solution to old solution in the case, otherwise known as %26quot;topping off%26quot; the solution. This was found to be the cause of some really nasty eye infections a couple of years ago. When you put your lenses on, dump out the solution and let the case air dry upside down while you are wearing them.



DocDo I need to change my contact solution every day?Yes, multipurpose solution is good enough to use for everything, and no you should not have to change the solution when not worn, but the lenses look like they need cleaning then use more. There may be debris in lens case.
  • pink hair
  • camcorders
  •