Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our 2 1/2 year old hates getting changed out of his PJs, and tantrums EVERY DAY. Any hints?!?

Hi there. Every day, without fail, our son throws a full blown tantrum when it is time to change out of his PJs (he throws a similar tantrum when it is time to get into them at night). I know we are in the terrible 2s, and that some of this is to be expected, but EVERY day?



Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to get this kid dressed without a 12 round fight?



Thanks for the help!!Our 2 1/2 year old hates getting changed out of his PJs, and tantrums EVERY DAY. Any hints?!?Stand him in the corner until he is ready to change his clothes and do this every day until he just does it- don't give breakfast or anything until he does it.Our 2 1/2 year old hates getting changed out of his PJs, and tantrums EVERY DAY. Any hints?!?My son is only 14 weeks so I definitely don't have this problem yet, but why not try to make a game out of it. For example...You and him could %26quot;race%26quot; to see who can get their PJ's on first. The winner maybe gets an extra treat (extra cookie for a bedtime snack or whoever wins 5 times in a row gets a little toy like a hot wheel or a dollar to spend at the dollar store). Obviously you would let him win because if he lost he would only get more upset.



This is a little different, but yet kind of the same...when I was around 7 my parents never really made us wear seat belts, but when I was with my aunt she would make me wear one so she made a game out of it. We would race to see who could put on their seatbelt and lock their car door first. I didn't get a prize or anything, but she made it fun and now that I'm grown up, I don't go anywhere without my seat belt (I have automatic locks otherwise I'd probably still lock my door too).Our 2 1/2 year old hates getting changed out of his PJs, and tantrums EVERY DAY. Any hints?!?My son went through that phase. I solved it very simply...after his bath I dressed him in his shirt and pants for the next day. In the summer he wears a t-shirt and undies to bed. In the winter time he wears a long sleeved pull-over and flannel PJ pants... sometimes you just have to pick your battles.