Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Should I brush a black lab every day?

We are getting another dog today. He is a black lab. He did shed a little when we first met and I didnt know if that kind of dog always shed alot and that I would have to brush him daily or if it just his coat, like his diet needed changing or something?Should I brush a black lab every day?My lab sheds more than all the other dogs I've had in life combined. It's needle-like hair that works it's way into carpet and furniture.



Keeping him brushed (Daily / every other day) will greatly reduce the amount of hair you're picking up.



Also keep a stock of tape-roller lint removers on hand!



I agree with DP - Dysons are GREAT!Should I brush a black lab every day?yeah you should it keeps them cleen and tidy.

it also gets rid of nits to!!!!!!!! (~:Should I brush a black lab every day?No you do not need to brush daily perhaps once per week, you can add cod liver oil capsules or liquid to his food als seaweed supplement that you can get from dog centres or dorwest herbs, this stops a build up of dust and dandruff in the coat.Use a quality dog food such as royal canin, eukanuba or james wellbeloved, add a raw egg once per week to the dogs dinner,always ensure the dog has access to fresh waterShould I brush a black lab every day?Don't brush him at all, use an undercoat rake. They look like they would be useless, but work the best. You don't give the dogs age, but for an adult that sheds too much, give him a COOKED egg twice a week and add %26quot;Linatone%26quot; to his diet.Should I brush a black lab every day?Yeah it is likely a good idea to brush the lab daily.. Helps keep his skin and coat healthy and will keep it ending up all over the house.



A good quality kibble might help.. Some Omega 3 oils in diet.. Brushing will definately help. If you are looking for a vacuum.. Consider the Dyson... GREAT for dog fur!Should I brush a black lab every day?No,it will not hurt him to brush him everyday.As a matter of fact he may end up loving it. Labs do tend to shed alot,so brushing everyday would actually be great for him and your carpet!Should I brush a black lab every day?I would not brush any dog more than once a week, it dries out their skin if you are going to brush him everyday, make sure to buy some fish oil tablets from the pharmacy and give one a day, this will reduce the dryness in his skin!Should I brush a black lab every day?I think its a great idea because you are also using this same time to BOND with your pup.

I brush our shelties (4) out every 3 days and although it tons of work...it keeps their coats just beautiful. It's cute to watch them line up when they see the first one getting brushed out.

One of our two year old males....will actually try to %26quot;cut in line%26quot; and put out his front paw to have me brush out his %26quot;feathering on his legs%26quot;. It is to cute. :-)

THe others seem to know he just has to be FIRST and will look at him like he's crazy....LOL

Enjoy this precious time with your pup. It can be so terrific. Blessings, Patti