Friday, September 23, 2011

Do you eat the same foods every day?

Recovering from Anorexia, I can't get out of eating the same exact foods every day around the same exact times. For example, I have balanced meals but they're the same meals. For breakfast, lunch, and a snack, I'll have the same food every day. For dinner, I'll switch it up. Is this really unhealthy and if so, what are the dangers of doing this? I know you need a varied diet, but I eat all healthy foods and I do change my dinner. I almost doubled my calorie in-take to become healthier and I can't change my food routines. Any suggestions?Do you eat the same foods every day?I think it is easier when you are early in your recovery to stick to a few foods or meals that you are comfortable with. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.



As you get more comfortable with food in general, you could try switching things up a little bit. You don't have to vary everything straight away. Maybe you could try a different snack one day and see how it goes. You may feel anxious about it at first, but try and talk yourself through it.



Have you been seeing a nutritionist? If you have, maybe he/she could give you some ideas of foods that would be nutritionally equivalent to what you are eating now.



It sounds like you are really working hard in your recovery. Don't beat yourself up for not being %26quot;perfectly recovered%26quot; yet as there is no such thing. It is a process. I am sure that you have done many things in recovery already that you didn't think you could do. Adding variety to your diet is just another step.



I certainly did the same thing for a while in my early recovery and still occasionally slip back into eating the same things. It is hard, but learning to eat new foods can be fun too :)



Just keep working at it and give yourself some credit. You are obviously a very strong person. Take care!