Friday, September 23, 2011

My Chinese Firebelly Newt wont eat. He sits up half in half out of the water on a plant all day every day and?

wont eat. I put bloodworms right next to him. He has not eaten in about 1 1/2 weeks. Im not sure what to do at this point. I dont want to let him just die. My aquarium is not new. Its cycled and all that. I do water changes every week 20%. The other fish in the tank are community fish and pose no threat. The water is 70* I believe..Cant go any lower than that. When I put the blood worms in the tank for the other fish he doesnt even flinch. Rarely Moves. I just got him about 1 1/2 weeks ago and like i said he has not eaten the entire time. Cant stand to let the little guy die, already lost a crab a couple days ago because i lowered the water temp FOR the newt so he better not die.My Chinese Firebelly Newt wont eat. He sits up half in half out of the water on a plant all day every day and?You should ask a vet or a local pet store, they will probably tell you whats going on.My Chinese Firebelly Newt wont eat. He sits up half in half out of the water on a plant all day every day and?Maybe he is not compatible with your community tank, or perhaps you should try other kind of food (like dry flakes, or tubifex)... In any case you shouldn't always feed blood worms or tubifex to your community tank. Try dry flakes, and bood worms in the weekend, and then tubifex the other weekend. Also don't change the water every week. Just symphon 20% every 15 days or everymonth... Make sure your wter is well conditioned, aired, and filtered.



Good luck!
  • xp
  • got a call saying
  •