Friday, September 23, 2011

My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?

My dog, Toby, is about 9 years old. He has thrown up every day for the past week or two. We have changed the food we give him three different times, we changed the snacks we give him...we have tried everything. Our next step is to take him to the vet, which is very expensive. Is there anything that you guys know that could possibly be wrong with him? Anything you suggest will truly help. Thanks.My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?Quit changing his food! Abruptly switching food on a dog will cause a digestive upset and could be the cause of the vomiting.



But, if it were my dog, I would get him to the vet for a check up just to be sure. Then choose a good quality dog food such as Wellness, Canidae, Merrick, Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, Origen, etc. and gradually transition him to that. Then, keep him on one type of food.My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?put it downMy dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?It's the changing food(I think...I'm no vet!).

Dietary changes in dogs, cats, animals generally should be made slowly to prevent the animal's stomach from feeling bad(darn it, I forgot the term!!).

Change the food slowly, over the course of a week or two, NOT very quickly.My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?Take him to the vet for crying out loud.



Your dog has thrown up EVERY DAY for the past week or two and you didn't take him to the vet? GEEZ Louise what the hell is wrong with you?



Your dog depends on you to take care of him. Obviously there is something drastically wrong with him and here you are on YA asking what to do for him. YOUR DISGUSTING! TAKE HIM TO THE VET!My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?Changing the food that many times in such a short time is not advisable. It takes a week or so to see if a specific food is ok... a change can make their digestive tract react... diarrhea and vomiting.

If my dog was vomiting that much.. I'd go to the vet. A dog that age can easily get dehydrated and you don't know how much food they are actually absorbing. If I vomited everyday for more than a week.. i'd go to the dr.

If you really really can't afford it.. watch the water intake.. make sure that your dog is drinking plenty and don't change the foods so often. Is the dog eating grass... usually when they are nauseated they eat grass to help clean out their digestive tract.My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?I'm sure changing the food isn't helping much, but something made him throw up in the first place. He could have some sort of internal blockage, I would take him to the vet before he has any more issues.My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?Throwing up every day for 1 or 2 weeks and your NEXT step is to take him to the vet? What are you waiting for?My dog is throwing up every day. How do I stop it?Changing the food that often might be contributing to the problem, but something started the vomiting and you don't know what that is. A vet check is NOT expensive, and they can't run tests without your ok, so just take the poor guy in and see what the vet says. He may just end up giving him antibiotics if he thinks it's a tummy infection, but you do need to take him.