Friday, September 23, 2011

Ive had a ViewSonic digital monitor for a year and it freezes on me almost every day?

No matter what I do to change screen saver and monitor times my monitor freezes almost every day and I have to reboot Are screensavers truly necessary and what can I do to fix this problem short of replacing the monitor?Ive had a ViewSonic digital monitor for a year and it freezes on me almost every day?never heard of a monitor freezing only the computer freezes. try running a virus scan, then clean out temp files and defragment the disk drive. see if this stops it. Monitors only have the ability to show what the computer tells it to show and cannot freeze on their own. also do a driver update on your video card. if this don't help take the card out and reinstall it and see if that helps.Ive had a ViewSonic digital monitor for a year and it freezes on me almost every day?I think it is video card and not your monitor. Try getting a video card with more memory (at least 256). Another option is that you could need more ram, how much do you have in your computer? It sounds like your computer is running out of resources.