Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is there free software that can look up my dynamic ip and send me an sms every day or when it changes?

I can look up my outside ip on my computer i can send a text to my phone from my computer. Anyone know of any software that can do this? Doesn't seem like that hard of a thing to do but i could be completely wrong.Is there free software that can look up my dynamic ip and send me an sms every day or when it changes?if its assigned by DHCP then it has a 24 hour lease, ie; 12:03am - 12:02am the next day.



if you want to know your IP go to: www.wimi.com aka whatismyip.com

it will give you your IP.Is there free software that can look up my dynamic ip and send me an sms every day or when it changes?Any of the many dynamic DNS servers can give you a static hostname. Then any time you need to know your IP address, you can just lookup that hostname.



You wouldn't even need an SMS because you wouldn't need to know your IP. Any place you would use your changing IP, just use your unchanging assigned host name.

  • Hosting My Website
  • cute names for baby girl rats
  •