Friday, September 23, 2011

When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?

it is super wet, then I air the area out before beginning again. My mom says that this is creating mold. Is it? I have not seen any traces so far...When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?I fold up a towel and place in front of my sink to help keep me dry!



I have another folded towel for setting glasses on. This leaves more room in the rack for not-so-delicate items.



Change it as often as you like.



Key word - %26quot;MY%26quot; dishes!When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?I doubt it. This is how we wash dishes at work and we've never had a problem.When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?Change it every time you do the dishes or don't use it. It is creating mold even if you don't see it...or at least making it a more opportune place for mold to happen. What if you have some messy brother come by and spill a drink by that cloth and he doesn't clean the whole thing and it goes under the drain board and part of the cloth? There are so many what ifs.When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?Just to be safe, why not use two towels? While one is drying (hang it some place to dry), the other is under the drainboard. Launder them with bleach once a week.When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?change the towel every time you do the dishes or when you put away the dishes put the towel to dry

it douse create mole to leave it like thatWhen I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?For an experiment, leave out the towel for a week and do NOT clean or wipe under the drainer for that week.



Then have a look at the dark slimy spots of moisture under the drainer. This is what would be hidden in the towel otherwise.



Don't use the dishdrainer as storage. When the items are dry, put them all away, lift up the drainer and wipe down under it, using a spray cleaner. Or wash down under it when you start the next lot of dishes.



The tea towel method is good if you have run out of drainer space, and need to put plates or glasses onto a table or benchtop. Especially glasses, placed edge down on a bench, are going to trap some water so the edges never really dry. Putting them on a towel prevents this, and also lets you stack plates leaning on each other without slipping.When I wash my dishes, I lay a dry towel underneath the drainboard and change it once every other day,or when?Just a suggestion: why not get one of the rubber mats that's meant to go under a dishrack instead of using a towel? Obviously I don't know your kitchen setup, but a mat would be much more sightly and much easier to rinse %26amp; keep clean.